Wednesday, June 14, 2006

MoCCA

Last weekend was one of the best weekends ever.

There was an art & comic con at MoCCA in NYC. A bunch of people on Truth and Beauty Bombs are webcomic artists, so they all had tables at it. So they and a slew of forum members all met in New York City for assorted hijinx! It was quite awesome. It started Friday night, when I met the entire webcomic community in a hot dog joint: Ryan North (Dinosaur Comics), David Malki ! (Wondermark), Jeph Jacques (Questionable Content), Andy Runton (Owly), Steve Carey (Poppycock Theater), Chris Yates (Reprographics), and more! Seriously, if someone had bombed the restaurant, there'd be nobody left to make webcomics. I was quite intimidated. Any of them that I didn't get a chance to introduce myself to then I did at MoCCA the next day. So I bought stuff from all of the above, plus Dale Beran and David Hellman (A Lesson Is Learned), Joey Comeau (A Softer World), and Kent Earle and Scott I-don't-know-his-last-name (White Ninja Comics). The rest of the weekend was spent with the coolest group of webcomic fans ever, wandering about the city--pics here and here. We went to a couple museums, bought books at Strands (18 miles of books, they boast), and shopped for punk/goth clothes in St. Mark's. In all it was an amazing weekend, even if it did leave me nearly broke. I wait in eager anticipation of next year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home